The Little Mountain Town Council met on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. Present for the meeting were Mayor Jana Jayroe, Council Members Marty Frick, Steve White and Charles Shealy. The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm and the welcome was given by Mayor Jayroe. Council Member Shealy gave the invocation.
Council reviewed the meeting minutes of the October 2019 regular meeting. A motion was made by White and seconded by Frick to accept the minutes as presented. The motion carried 4-0.
The financial report for October 2019 was reviewed by council. A motion to accept the report as information was made by Frick and seconded by Shealy. The motion carried 4-0.
Mayor Jayroe reported that the Fall Festival held at the senior center was a success. A large crowd was on hand to visit the vendors and enjoy lunch. Additional people were signed up to attend the center.
In old business:
- Mayor Jayroe spoke with representatives at the Newberry County Water and Sewer, work on the line will begin soon.
- Council reviewed the agreement between the town and the DFGS. Some corrections and additions were added. A final review and signing will be held at the December meeting.
- Council Member Frick has been looking at some options for new Christmas decorations. Frick, Shealy and White will work on the decorations the weekend following Thanksgiving. Shealy has been working on the mountain lighting project. SCETV has agreed to repair/replacement of the tree. Robbie Dunton has agreed to do the work. Council member Frick motioned to move ahead with the project at a budget of under $3500. The motion was seconded by White. Motion carried 4-0.
- A representative from the Newberry Museum updated Council on the opening of the museum in December. Council members are invited to attend the ribbon cutting on Dec. 15.
- Council Member White presented bids for the storage room at Reunion Park. After review, council agreed to get additional bids before moving forward.
- Council discussed clearing the new lots at Reunion Park. Shealy made a motion to proceed with clearing at a rate not too exceed $4000. The motion was seconded by Frick and carried 4-0.
- Council reviewed a draft job description for a part time library manager. Some additions were made. A final review will be made at the December meeting.
In new business:
- Mayor Jayroe discussed the need for poll workers. A minimum of three to four workers are needed. No action was taken.
- Council reviewed information regarding the House Bill H4431 regarding municipal business licenses. Council agree to support other municipalities that are not in favor of the bill.
- Mayor Jayroe will be following up on a possible cleaning service for the community center.
A reunion meeting is scheduled for November 21 at 7 pm.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm.
Respectfully submitted by: